eCommerce Merchandising Manager
The successful eCommerce Manager, will drive best in class customer experience on AJMAdison.com. The
person in this role will focus on the development and maintenance of category
content, site merchandising and product assortment curation to maximize revenue,
conversion and average order value. The manager will use all available
resources to guide improvements to the consumer experience. The position
reports to Senior eCommerce Merchandising Director.
- Responsibility for site performance - sales, conversion, AOV, customer experience, product margin
- Manage and grow existing and new categories within the AJ Madison portfolio
- Develop online category strategies that deliver a competitive advantage and strong customer experience
- As a member of our eCommerce merchandising team, ensure that product is reflected accurately on the website (price, images, territory restriction, etc.)
- Review and execute online merchandising goals and strategies to achieve sales and profit margins
- Develop online promotional plans to drive sales growth
- Analyze online reports to understand key metrics such as conversion, average order value, time on site and ROI on marketing spend
- Manage all inventory to maintain appropriate levels of stock and execute sale strategies as needed to move through inventory
- Provide daily/weekly review of your category to ensure the accurate presentation of items, correct product features and specifications, and appropriate pricing display on the website
- Review weekly and monthly sales reports and analyze sales to identify opportunities for the category
- Communicate opportunities and findings to the Senior Director of Merchandising and cross channel partners
- Keep informed of market trends, competition, and customer service issues for the assigned category
- Perform competitive website analysis for departments in partnership with the analytics team
- Assist in the development of financial plans for the appliance category
- Manage the promotional calendar for your category and ensure promotional needs are in sync with overall sales goals and merchandising strategy
- Manage the creation and deployment of relevant promotional assets to support category
- Academic: BA/BS degree with emphasis on coursework of a marketing or digital merchandising nature, or equivalent practical experience.
- Professional: 2-4 years of experience in a digital commerce organization, preferably in a merchandising or business management role. Proficiency in eCommerce tools such as Google Analytics and Microsoft BI
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management and meeting deadlines.
- Solid communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail
- Good analytical skills and expertise in excel and other productivity tools
You're a great cultural fit if:
You enjoy an environment where everyone is encouraged to add value at the most strategic level. You fit best in a fast-paced, high-integrity, low hand-holding environment. You are independent and self-motivated.