Associate Content Specialist
The Associate Content Specialist is responsible for maintaining product data within a central database for Ajmadison.com. As a member of the eCommerce team, the Associate Content Specialist performs key duties associated with preparing and maintaining all product data for the site, working with numerous partners within and outside of web /eCommerce to ensure that all product information is delivered to the site on time and within scope.
While many functions are executed independently, a high degree of interaction, communication, collaboration, and project management is required each week to maintain alignment across functional teams and ensure that final deliverables are on time and as requested.
The position reports to the content Manager.
- Create, update, and maintain content as needed
- Enter product data from vendor catalogs or spreadsheets into the company database
- Upload product data from vendor websites
- Check live data for accuracy
- Product image manipulation
- Ensuring images are the correct size & format
- Ensuring images pertain to the appropriate subject matter
- Maintain the Content library ensuring accurate and timely information is readily available for internal teams and our customers
- Work with Merchandising and Marketing Teams to create the most effective user experience
- Communicate systemic issues and business challenges to Content Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in, English, communications, or a related field of study
- 2+ Years of online content or merchandising experience
- Excellent online content skills; editorial and proofing skills; and grammar and punctuation.
- Able to edit and fine-tune vendor provided content
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and functions including VLOOKUP and conditional format formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams & outside vendors
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to perform critical tasks in a timely manner