Be part of a fast paced, growing online retailer! At AJMADISON we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So we've taken a unique approach to selling appliances - we offer our customers a premium online experience, to learn about and buy any appliance they need. We want it to be simple, easy and inspiring.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
You will join a product team taking a customer centric approach to building and improving digital experiences. With your vast experience doing product design, backed up with data, the goal is to create elegant designs that are simple, intuitive and service the customer’s needs.
Most projects will need comprehensive user flows and wireframes. Once a product or feature is ready to build, we will need you to provide high fidelity designs that are consistent with the brand aesthetic.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
You are passionate about designing great digital experiences that meet the needs of our customer. You keep up on the industry trends and know how and when to incorporate appropriate trends into your designs with a view to keeping AJ MADISON ahead of the competition. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are able to work efficiently in fast moving environments with ambiguity. You have excellent communication skills, both written and oral and are comfortable using both to drive execution.
You should have a good understanding of digital product design and can demonstrate experience of the following:
- Creating inspirational designs for the web, with an understanding of what is technically
- feasible and ability to adjust and compromise where appropriate.
- Creating interactive prototypes (both low-fi and hi-fi) for testing on users
- Creating high-fidelity mockups/wireframes/sitemaps
- Designing responsive websites and mobile apps
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the eCommerce business
- A stellar portfolio that shows creative range and innovative thinking
- Any experience of the following would be beneficial:
- Familiarity with user personas, user stories and user journeys
- Working for a brand with strong aesthetic values
- SEO and accessibility best practice
You should be familiar with the following tools:
Design tools (e.g Sketch, Photoshop etc)
Rapid prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Axure, Flinto)
Agile development methodology