We are seeking an experienced Retail Financial Controller to manage all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures across all AJ Madison businesses.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances across all business units.
- Overseeing accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP standards
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Analyze spending and make recommendations for expense and spending reduction
- Lead the monthly, quarterly and annual close process, prepare journal entries, analyze accounting transactions and perform reconciliations
- Partner with FP&A group to prepare and monitor effective forecasting and budgeting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Develop of operational procedures and documentation of internal controls and policies
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manage annual financial audit
- Work with IT leadership to anticipate potential issues associated with system enhancements and changes
- Partner with manager of finance to ensure operational processes are followed and drive efficiencies throughout the finance and accounting department.
Proven working experience as a financial controller
- 7+ years of accounting and finance experience, with at least 5 years in retail.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in financial systems (QuickBooks etc.)
- Professional Accounting certification, CPA or CMA a plus
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field
- Clear communicator with ability to interact with senior leaders
- Mature professional with excellent judgment, interpersonal skills and ability to work independently or as part of a team