Associate Content Specialist
The eCommerce Product Content Data Specialist is responsible for maintaining product data within a central database for Ajmadison.com. As a member of the eCommerce team, the eCommerce Content Data Specialist performs key duties associated with preparing and maintaining all product data for the site, working with numerous internal partners within and outside of web / eCommerce to ensure that all product information is delivered to the site on time, in-scope, and without error.
While many functions are executed independently, a high degree of interaction, communication, collaboration, and project management is required each week to maintain alignment across functional teams and ensure that final deliverables are on time, in scope, and without error. Lastly, the successful eCommerce Content Data Specialist must be focused on ensuring exceptional customer service at all times for our internal customers.
The position reports to Senior Content Manager.
- Enter product data from vendor catalogs or spreadsheets into the company database
- Uploading product data from vendor websites
- Checking live data for accuracy
- Product image manipulation
- Ensuring images are the correct size & format
- Ensuring images pertain to the appropriate subject matter
Create highly shareable and promotable content targeted toward our customers and vendors
- Maintain the Content library (Cat Admin) ensuring accurate and timely information is readily available for internal teams and our customers
- Ensure the integrity, consistency, and accuracy of content and images
- Enter product information entered will educate, motivate, and interest users so they regularly access the website and use it as a source for information and decision-making
- Work with Merchandising and Marketing Teams to create the most effective user experience
- Act as a knowledgeable resource on current and emerging business trends and produce recommendations on how to improve site experience
- Communicate systemic issues and business challenges to Content Manager
- Measures effectiveness across content channels, reporting, refining, and optimizing content on a regular basis
- Assume leadership role in managing inventory, improving item set-up process, and communicating systemic challenges to Senior Content Manager
- Lead efforts that improve the omni channel experience; ensuring there’s cohesive from showroom to site
- Bachelor’s degree in Merchandising, Marketing, English, Business Management or a related field of study
- 2+ Years of online content or merchandising experience
- Excellent online content skills; editorial and proofing skills; and grammar and punctuation. Able to edit and fine-tune vendor provided content.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel formulas and functions including VLOOKUP and conditional format formulas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate across cross-functional teams
- Strong sense of urgency and ability preform in fast-paced deadline-driven environment